Selling books is the name of the game, isn’t it?
With that firmly in mind, we’re not saying ‘don’t try the big distribution companies’, what we’re suggesting is ‘try this as well’.
For no set up costs and no payment from you whatsoever, we will take your book and:
- Turn it into mobi (Kindle), Epub and PDF formats
- Upload them securely so that multiple downloads are not possible
- Make them available for selling at exactly the same price as they’re listed on Amazon
- Pay you the same royalties as you’d get from a sale made by Amazon
There’s no catch, no fee to us (beyond our proceeds of each sale) and there’s absolutely no reason why you can’t take advantage of this.
We do have a few simple rules:
- Because we’re doing a lot of formatting work in advance, we do ask that the book remains listed with us for at least 12 months.
- The book must be properly edited as substandard work reflects badly on our site and the other books listed here.
- The subject matter must comply with normal ‘decency’ rules.
Some FAQ’s summarised:
- You do not sign up with us, publish through us or any other arrangement – you remain 100% independent.
- We pay you fortnightly for sales made in the preceding fortnight (a much better deal than you’ll get with the big distributors).
- You don’t need ISBN’s but we sell them if you feel you’d like one.
- Some examples of royalties paid to an author by Amazon are:
You set price on Amazon at $3.00 for a book – the % paid to you is 70%, therefore royalties due per sale = $2.10 [We would pay you $2.10 too]
You set price on Amazon at $1.50 for a book – % paid to you is 35%, therefore royalties due per sale = $0.525 [We would pay you $0.525 too]
- We do not take any part of those royalties (see directly above) – this is what you keep from each sale.
- We pay directly into your Paypal account in US$’s.
- For each book, you will need to supply us with:
Book text file in .doc or .rtf formats
Cover file as a jpg with a minimum spec of 1,800 x 3,000 pixels and a resolution of 300 dpi or greater
‘Blurb’ (the text you use on Amazon will suffice) describing the book for potential buyers
- We do not change any of your details in the book – name, publishing house etc – they all stay.
Submitting a book does not guarantee that we’ll take it on but we will give you a quick decision.
This is an opportunity to make extra sales via a totally transparent service – so don’t miss out.