Do you operate a blog which pertains in all or part to any of the following?
- Creative writing
- A specific genre such as horror, romance, supernatural, drama etc
If so, we’d love to have you host our authors as they enjoy the benefits of their virtual book tour. However we’re not like all the other tour operators – our bookings are specially placed. Let us explain.
Here’s a brief summary of what we do beforehand – we:
- Place each author with a blog operator who either specialises in the book’s genre or who operates a general creative writing blog. Thus your blog about romantic writing won’t be pressed to feature a sci-fi author’s latest space opera. You will however be offered authors of love stories, family dramas, historical romances etc
- Prepare you with a proper press kit in which we will supply a detailed synopsis of the author, a recent photograph, extracts from their latest book, cover image, and a batch of illuminating questions and answers which we’ve already put to the author
- Co-ordinate the stops to make the most impact for the author and the most logical order for you, the blog operator
FAQ’s for Bloggers Wanted
Here are some specific FAQ’s for the Bloggers Wanted section:
What do I get out of it?
You get fresh material, an opportunity to chat to an up-and-coming author, and lots of backlinks for your blog from other operators. We’ll also give you space on our website for a free advert. If you’re an author yourself, you’ll earn points towards discounted prices for our publishing services.
How long do I commit for?
You commit on a tour-by-tour basis.
What if I can’t or won’t host a particular author’s tour?
Just be honest at the outset and we’ll wish you well and find someone else (maybe you can recommend someone).
What do you pay?
Regrettably there is no payment to blog operators for hosting tour stops but you do get a lot of publicity, fresh material and, if you’re an author yourself, a chance to get a serious discount on our services.
Are there any limitations on what my blog’s about?
Absolutely not as long as it’s relevant to our author’s book – and legal, of course!
Can I ask the authors my own questions?
Definitely – ask away. Don’t forget you’ll have our very detailed Q & A session so we suggest you look at that first. Most people find that’s sufficient to put together an interview (when combined with a photo and cover image).
What do you want from me by way of application?
- Some brief background information about your blog
- An indication of the sort of authors you are hoping to host
- Details of the frequency of your normal postings
What happens after I apply?
We’ll assess your application, confirm to you either way whether you’ve been accepted onto our list of approved blog tour operators and, assuming so, get in touch when a suitable tour request arrives. At that point we’ll tell you a bit more about the author then it’s for you to say ‘Yea’ or ‘Nay’.